- 2G GSM towers are widely deployed worldwide
- Extremely inexpensive 1000mW point-to-point WiFi gear can deliver excellent throughput over long distances to connect towers in ring topologies
- High performance mesh WiFi routers that can cover the most important areas of a trading village in developing countries can be as low as $2000 to $3000 (based on prices in America).
- Affordable Android-based WiFi tablets (under $199) and dual-SIM Android phones (under $99) with economies of scale in the BILLIONS made in China will hit the market within a year
- Substantial numbers of refurbished laptops donated from America and Europe are just waiting for wireless service
- Operators can bring cached "offline" content to the network for a true high speed experience
Monday, September 19, 2011
WiFi for Trading Centers in Developing Countries